Monday 26 October 2009

Jessica McCormack


Reading through my latest issue of "Harpers Bazaar" I saw a little section about Jessica McCormack, I saw a piece titled the "Anger necklace" an arrow and beautiful brown feathers. As a lover of mixed media pieces I looked her up. Now I love her work ! She calls her work "mini sculptures" which is exactly the term I use to describe my work. There is so much more to a piece of jewellery, so much depth and work and feeling, that people don't always appreciate. When you buy a piece of jewellery you're not just buying a precious metal, or expensive stones. It's a work of art that been thought out. I mean art is not priced by the cost of the piece of paper its printed on ! Anyway, I am loving her pieces, her blog is cool too, as a person who is more of a thinker than a talker I can identify with her blog which is full of pictures, Why do we need words when if a picture paints a thousand words?

No comments:

Post a Comment